The Sr. Market Research Analyst plays a key role in helping internal clients understand the marketplace and consumer needs. The Analyst will conduct quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research focused on identifying potential new products and shaping marketing strategies. The Sr. Analyst will support multiple product categories.
• Act as a consultant to internal clients by understanding their business and specific needs, providing them with actionable research findings, and educating them on the ways research can help answer their business questions.
• Conduct research related to market sizing, needs analysis, product optimization, pricing, consumer segmentation and targeting, and marketing communications.
• Manage all aspects of projects, including identifying market research objectives, designing research methodology, developing questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinating research stimuli, implementing and analyzing research, and reporting on findings.
• Develop a robust contact list of professional tool users who can be contacted for in-person research.
• Find and utilize secondary research sources to answer business questions or provide background for primary research.
• Ensure the integrity and correct interpretation of all market research information.
• Keep up-to-date on industry trends and research methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher in Marketing, Business or Psychology or related field. MBA or Masters preferred.
• At least 3 years in a market research role using quantitative and qualitative methods
• Experience in a fast-paced durable goods, technology, or Consumer products type environment
• Very strong problem definition and solution skills
• Strong project management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Proven data gathering and analytical skills as well as the ability to synthesize findings from disparate data sources
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Survey software and Video editing tools a plus
• Love of both data analysis and personal interaction
• High level of comfort conducting research on jobsites for construction or other trades that frequently use tools.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally – @30-35%
• Construction or tool industry experience preferred
*Salary 65k – 75 k and the position is located in Towson, MD.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-716-3679.